Monday, February 13, 2017

Success



                      In Mr. Rollins video , he says "sometimes your great ambitions will be momentarily , stymied, thwarted and, marginalized by those who were perhaps luckier , come from money , where college was a given ", I took what he said and thought about it long and hard. I then put it into my own words and finally realized what it meant , Rollins is saying not everyone is the same , we do not all come from a wealthy family and not all of us are able to get right into college. We all must work for what we want in life for some people it might be a lot easier and for others it might be a lot harder. "You will encounter people who will never have to pay in full , they get to wreck the room and never have to clean it ,they can get all the way through high school and never understand where a dollar comes from because they just get and give it to them". Rollins to me explains this last quote to us to show us not all people have always worked for what they wanted but,  for us not to feel like we aren't good enough or for people like this to get to us , which in reality he's saying some people really don't know the value of things because they've always got it handed to them. I myself can actually count as one of those people , I've always got stuff handed to me and never had to work for anything throughout my life , I always got told I was "rich" or "spoiled". Which I really didn't see it like that , I felt that my parents just made sure we were alright , but at a point in my life it stopped and I actually started working for the stuff I have.He also says " If you have an idea of what you want to do in your future you have to go at it with an monastic-obsession , you have to go at it single-mindedly and let nothing get in your way". You have to understand the meanings of monastic-obsession and single-mindedly before you can even understand the quote itself. Rollins is saying we need to go get it with a lot of dedication and by secluding your self to make it where you want to be.  As I watched the video further it caught my attention that Rollins I feel as if Mr. Rollins is speaking to show us how we shouldn't give up so easily and always push through everything so we can be the best we can be not worrying what anyone else has to say.Rollins suffered from depression and ended up taking medicine for it , i can relate to this very much so I once had to take depression pills , after a while I decided I needed to work on myself so I can actually be successful and not worry about anything holding me back.Rollins learned he couldn't just give up  on the stuff he wanted.This video helped me understand why it is so important to just focus on yourself and better yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment